Bikur Cholim is a beautiful moral and spiritual obligation of all Jews to be mindful of and helpful to sick people in our communities. The Talmud teaches us that just as G-d visited Abraham when he was sick, so shall we visit those who are ill or homebound.
The initial services that Adath Israel’s new committee of volunteers will provide are:
- Calls to homebound and isolated congregants
- Calls to connect with those who are ill
- Support for families of those who are ill
- Visits to homes which can include grocery store or prescription pick-up
Our mission is to reach out and build a healing connection with our fellow congregants who can benefit from a call, a visit or reassurance of others. We want everyone to feel the care and support of our Adath community.
For questions, to alert us that your loved one could benefit from our services, or to volunteer, please contact:
- Beverly Rubman
- Glenda Mendelsohn
- Rabbi Adler at 609-896-4977